Episode 37: #4M Madrid Elections 2021 with Caroline Gray and Eoghan Gilmartin – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 37: #4M Madrid Elections 2021 with Caroline Gray and Eoghan Gilmartin
- Episode 36: European Super League with Tommy Hay
- Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar
- Episode 34: Gender Violence with Dr Deborah Madden
- Episode 33: Spanish Feminism with Elia Romera Figueroa
When you first move to Spain you soon realise there are more than two national parties. Since the financial crash in 2008, regional politics have become a big matter (once again) in Spanish politics. The current coalition government has made them a key part of their program.
How did this come about? For one thing, it is not new.
In this episode of the Sobremesa podcast I interview Caroline Gray. Here we talk about the territorial politics of both the left and right in Spain since the financial crisis. I hope, for some of you, that it will help navigate the waters of 21st century Spanish politics.
Caroline Gray is Lecturer in Politics and Spanish. She specialises in the politics of Spain and wider Europe, focusing on territorial politics and party systems. She is the author of Territorial Politics and the Party System in Spain: Continuity and Change since the Financial Crisis (Routledge, 2020).
The Sobremesa Podcast is all about modern day Spanish politics, history and society. we have a whole selection of past episodes that can be listened to at anytime.
Please share it with friends and family. Also consider leaving us a review!!
(or sign up here to this website)