Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar
- Episode 34: Gender Violence with Dr Deborah Madden
- Episode 33: Spanish Feminism with Elia Romera Figueroa
- Episode 32: Spanish Start Ups with Joe Haslam
- Episode 31: Basque Nationalism: The Origins of Basque Nationalism and Anti-colonialist Rhetoric with Maria Reyes Baztán
In this one-off special episode, I discuss brexit with two Brits that live in Spain. One voted leave and the other voted remain. Here is why.
Richard Thompson lives in Sant Joan in Mallorca. He is a business owner and local town councillor with Assemblea per Sant Joan. We talk about voting remain and the stereotypes of Brits in Spain.
Timothy Appleton has lived in Madrid for 15 years. He is a lecturer in the Camilo José Cela University, editor of the magazine #lacanemancipa and author of the book “Escupir en la iglesia: un sí de izquierdas al Brexit”, (“Spitting in church: a left-wing yes to Brexit”) Here we talk about his book and why he would still vote leave. You can buy it here
Happy New Year!!!
Sign up here for the latest podcast episodes!
Or find us on Google, Apple or Spotify.