Episode 44: The Symbolic State with Karlo Basta – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 44: The Symbolic State with Karlo Basta
- Episode 43: Why doesn't Spain have a Green Party with Xan Lopez from Contra el Diluvio
- Episode 42: Riders Law with Ben Wray from Brave New Europe’s Gig Economy Project
- Episode 41: Exhuming Franco with Sebastiaan Faber
- Episode 40: The Future of Unidas Podemos
Here I got to interview author and former Financial Times Spain correspondent Tobias Buck.
After The Fall: Crisis, Recovery and the Making of a New Spain is Tobias’ book documenting the country’s political, societal and economic response to the 2008 financial crisis and the territorial crisis that followed.
You can get a copy here and in all good bookshops.
We also talk about corruption, austerity, Rajoy, Podemos and Catalonia. He goes into how it was writing the book and expands on various elements included in it.
At the end of the episode, I also talk about my plans for the podcast in 2021.
Merry Christmas from all at The Sobremesa Podcast!
The Sobremesa Podcast is all about modern day Spanish politics, history and society.
Sign up here for updates from this website…