Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar
- Episode 34: Gender Violence with Dr Deborah Madden
- Episode 33: Spanish Feminism with Elia Romera Figueroa
- Episode 32: Spanish Start Ups with Joe Haslam
- Episode 31: Basque Nationalism: The Origins of Basque Nationalism and Anti-colonialist Rhetoric with Maria Reyes Baztán
Here I got to interview author and former Financial Times Spain correspondent Tobias Buck.
After The Fall: Crisis, Recovery and the Making of a New Spain is Tobias’ book documenting the country’s political, societal and economic response to the 2008 financial crisis and the territorial crisis that followed.
You can get a copy here and in all good bookshops.
We also talk about corruption, austerity, Rajoy, Podemos and Catalonia. He goes into how it was writing the book and expands on various elements included in it.
At the end of the episode, I also talk about my plans for the podcast in 2021.
Merry Christmas from all at The Sobremesa Podcast!
The Sobremesa Podcast is all about modern day Spanish politics, history and society.
Sign up here for updates from this website…