Left Populism in Spain and the USA with Jorge Tamames – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Left Populism in Spain and the USA with Jorge Tamames
- The History of the Housing Crisis and the birth of the PAH movement with Sophie Gonick
- Doctor, Doctor give me some news…
- An interview with Giles Tremlett: The International Brigades. Fascism, Freedom and the Spanish Civil War
- The Dina Case with Tommy Greene
In this episode of the Sobremesa podcast, I chat with journalist and political researcher Jorge Tamames about the history and current state of populism in the USA and Spain. Jorge’s book ‘For The People: Left Populism in Spain and the US’ concentrates on left wing populism in both countries.
Here he explains the conditions that led to the rise in Podemos and Bernie Sanders, and their differences. Later, we discuss Podemos inside the government, republicanism, right-wing populism and what covid-19 might mean for populism in the future.
His book is available on the Lawrence and Wishard website