Episode 26: Territorial politics in Spain with Caroline Gray – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 26: Territorial politics in Spain with Caroline Gray
- Episode 25: 15-M, 10 Years On: In conversation with Cristina Flesher Fominaya on her recent book Democracy Reloaded: Inside Spain’s Political Laboratory from 15-M to Podemos
- Episode 24: Brexit Special: One Leaver, One Remainer. Both Live in Spain
- Episode 23: After the Fall with author Tobias Buck
- Episode 22: History of Anarchism in Spain with Danny and Jim from the ABC Podcast Part Two
In this episode of the Sobremesa podcast, I chat with journalist and political researcher Jorge Tamames about the history and current state of populism in the USA and Spain. Jorge’s book ‘For The People: Left Populism in Spain and the US’ concentrates on left wing populism in both countries.
Here he explains the conditions that led to the rise in Podemos and Bernie Sanders, and their differences. Later, we discuss Podemos inside the government, republicanism, right-wing populism and what covid-19 might mean for populism in the future.
His book is available on the Lawrence and Wishard website