Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar
- Episode 34: Gender Violence with Dr Deborah Madden
- Episode 33: Spanish Feminism with Elia Romera Figueroa
- Episode 32: Spanish Start Ups with Joe Haslam
- Episode 31: Basque Nationalism: The Origins of Basque Nationalism and Anti-colonialist Rhetoric with Maria Reyes Baztán
In this episode of the Sobremesa podcast, I chat with journalist and political researcher Jorge Tamames about the history and current state of populism in the USA and Spain. Jorge’s book ‘For The People: Left Populism in Spain and the US’ concentrates on left wing populism in both countries.
Here he explains the conditions that led to the rise in Podemos and Bernie Sanders, and their differences. Later, we discuss Podemos inside the government, republicanism, right-wing populism and what covid-19 might mean for populism in the future.
His book is available on the Lawrence and Wishard website