Episode 44: The Symbolic State with Karlo Basta – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 44: The Symbolic State with Karlo Basta
- Episode 43: Why doesn't Spain have a Green Party with Xan Lopez from Contra el Diluvio
- Episode 42: Riders Law with Ben Wray from Brave New Europe’s Gig Economy Project
- Episode 41: Exhuming Franco with Sebastiaan Faber
- Episode 40: The Future of Unidas Podemos
This week saw the end of the political jousting between the central government and the Madrid regional government. This reached a climax on Friday with Madrid being under a state of alarm.
Further court developments this week threaten to eat away at the coalition government’s sense of legitimacy. This forms part of a larger ongoing investigation that has seen the presentation of the deputy PM go from being an aggrieved or injured party to one in which he may now figure as an accused party, following on from the judge’s request to open an inquiry into Pablo Iglesias’ role within the complex case.
Tommy Greene, a political journalist, joins me to discuss the case further.
Egohan Gilmartin has also been on the podcast discussing the politics of the pandemic. Pandemic Politics: an Interview with Eoghan Gilmartin
You can also sign up here for further updates