Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar
- Episode 34: Gender Violence with Dr Deborah Madden
- Episode 33: Spanish Feminism with Elia Romera Figueroa
- Episode 32: Spanish Start Ups with Joe Haslam
- Episode 31: Basque Nationalism: The Origins of Basque Nationalism and Anti-colonialist Rhetoric with Maria Reyes Baztán
Madrid has been placed in (partial) lockdown once again. In this episode I explore how this come about in two very different interviews.
Firstly, I speak with Sara Soto, Secretary of the Young Socialists of Vallecas. Here we talk about the response to lockdown on the 18th September and the effects it has had over the past two weeks. We also discuss some of the inequalities that were already in the area but have been made worse by the pandemic.
Following on from this, I catch up with Simon Hunter from El Pais in English. Here Simon tells me about the Que podcast; we also discuss the management of the pandemic from several points of view, and lastly we discuss the newest celebrity in Spain: James Rhodes.
Please share and subscribe to this podcast. We are trying to reach 200 listeners by Christmas. This week we hit 150!
Don’t forget you can listen to previous episodes on the Historical Memory, the new democratic memory law, the history of the Catalan independence day and movement, the formation of the Spanish identity, and more recently how the Covid-19 pandemic has played out on a political level in the country
You can also sign up here for updates!