Episode 25: 15-M, 10 Years On: In conversation with Cristina Flesher Fominaya on her recent book Democracy Reloaded: Inside Spain’s Political Laboratory from 15-M to Podemos – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 25: 15-M, 10 Years On: In conversation with Cristina Flesher Fominaya on her recent book Democracy Reloaded: Inside Spain’s Political Laboratory from 15-M to Podemos
- Episode 24: Brexit Special: One Leaver, One Remainer. Both Live in Spain
- Episode 23: After the Fall with author Tobias Buck
- Episode 22: History of Anarchism in Spain with Danny and Jim from the ABC Podcast Part Two
- Episode 21: History of Anarchism in Spain with Danny and Jim from the ABC Podcast
Madrid has been placed in (partial) lockdown once again. In this episode I explore how this come about in two very different interviews.
Firstly, I speak with Sara Soto, Secretary of the Young Socialists of Vallecas. Here we talk about the response to lockdown on the 18th September and the effects it has had over the past two weeks. We also discuss some of the inequalities that were already in the area but have been made worse by the pandemic.
Following on from this, I catch up with Simon Hunter from El Pais in English. Here Simon tells me about the Que podcast; we also discuss the management of the pandemic from several points of view, and lastly we discuss the newest celebrity in Spain: James Rhodes.
Please share and subscribe to this podcast. We are trying to reach 200 listeners by Christmas. This week we hit 150!
Don’t forget you can listen to previous episodes on the Historical Memory, the new democratic memory law, the history of the Catalan independence day and movement, the formation of the Spanish identity, and more recently how the Covid-19 pandemic has played out on a political level in the country
You can also sign up here for updates!