Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 35: The Treatment of Sexual Minorities in the Late-Francoist Period with Sonia Cuesta Maniar
- Episode 34: Gender Violence with Dr Deborah Madden
- Episode 33: Spanish Feminism with Elia Romera Figueroa
- Episode 32: Spanish Start Ups with Joe Haslam
- Episode 31: Basque Nationalism: The Origins of Basque Nationalism and Anti-colonialist Rhetoric with Maria Reyes Baztán
This week Eoghan Gilmartin joins me. As a political journalist based in Madrid, he has been covering the stories as they have unfolded.
Here we talk about the more immediate stories of the day, such as the management of the virus in Madrid and the future for Spanish politics.
Later, we then explore how this situation has come about, and how the quick politicisation of the pandemic has played out on a national level for both the left and right.
Here are some of Eoghan Gilmartin’s articles as mentioned in the podcast:
Madrid’s Covid Class War: An interview with Pedro Gullón Tosio
Spain’s New ‘Patriotic’ Trade Union is Part of the Far Right’s Anti-Leftist Strategy (with Tommy Greene for Novara Media)
You can follow him on Twitter to stay up to date with his latest articles