Episode 44: The Symbolic State with Karlo Basta – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 44: The Symbolic State with Karlo Basta
- Episode 43: Why doesn't Spain have a Green Party with Xan Lopez from Contra el Diluvio
- Episode 42: Riders Law with Ben Wray from Brave New Europe’s Gig Economy Project
- Episode 41: Exhuming Franco with Sebastiaan Faber
- Episode 40: The Future of Unidas Podemos
This week’s episode falls on the anniversary of Federico Garcia Lorca’s murder by the fascist forces during the Spanish Civil war.
I took this opportunity to change the podcasts format this week to interview Tom Wardle, a researcher and historian who is currently completing his PhD on historical memory activism here in Spain.
Take a listen to my interview with him as we cover the past, present and future of the movement and why 750,000 euros is not enough of a grant from the government.
I will be taking a break for a week, but I will be back at the end of August with more gossip from the Spanish political world, and discussions on the Spanish identity in the 21st century.