Left Populism in Spain and the USA with Jorge Tamames – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Left Populism in Spain and the USA with Jorge Tamames
- The History of the Housing Crisis and the birth of the PAH movement with Sophie Gonick
- Doctor, Doctor give me some news…
- An interview with Giles Tremlett: The International Brigades. Fascism, Freedom and the Spanish Civil War
- The Dina Case with Tommy Greene
This week’s episode falls on the anniversary of Federico Garcia Lorca’s murder by the fascist forces during the Spanish Civil war.
I took this opportunity to change the podcasts format this week to interview Tom Wardle, a researcher and historian who is currently completing his PhD on historical memory activism here in Spain.
Take a listen to my interview with him as we cover the past, present and future of the movement and why 750,000 euros is not enough of a grant from the government.
I will be taking a break for a week, but I will be back at the end of August with more gossip from the Spanish political world, and discussions on the Spanish identity in the 21st century.