Episode 26: Territorial politics in Spain with Caroline Gray – The Sobremesa Podcast
- Episode 26: Territorial politics in Spain with Caroline Gray
- Episode 25: 15-M, 10 Years On: In conversation with Cristina Flesher Fominaya on her recent book Democracy Reloaded: Inside Spain’s Political Laboratory from 15-M to Podemos
- Episode 24: Brexit Special: One Leaver, One Remainer. Both Live in Spain
- Episode 23: After the Fall with author Tobias Buck
- Episode 22: History of Anarchism in Spain with Danny and Jim from the ABC Podcast Part Two
This week’s episode falls on the anniversary of Federico Garcia Lorca’s murder by the fascist forces during the Spanish Civil war.
I took this opportunity to change the podcasts format this week to interview Tom Wardle, a researcher and historian who is currently completing his PhD on historical memory activism here in Spain.
Take a listen to my interview with him as we cover the past, present and future of the movement and why 750,000 euros is not enough of a grant from the government.
I will be taking a break for a week, but I will be back at the end of August with more gossip from the Spanish political world, and discussions on the Spanish identity in the 21st century.