Diada, The National Day of Catalonia: an Interview with Alícia Hernàndez Grande – Sobremesa Podcast
- Diada, The National Day of Catalonia: an Interview with Alícia Hernàndez Grande
- 7/9/2020 Regional Identity and the EU: an Interview with Professor Sandie Holguin (part 2)
- The National Spanish Identity: an Interview with Professor Sandie Holguin
- Spain’s Memory Wars: an interview with Tom Wardle
- Where is Juan Carlos? 10/8/20
This week’s episode falls on the anniversary of Federico Garcia Lorca’s murder by the fascist forces during the Spanish Civil war.
I took this opportunity to change the podcasts format this week to interview Tom Wardle, a researcher and historian who is currently completing his PhD on historical memory activism here in Spain.
Take a listen to my interview with him as we cover the past, present and future of the movement and why 750,000 euros is not enough of a grant from the government.
I will be taking a break for a week, but I will be back at the end of August with more gossip from the Spanish political world, and discussions on the Spanish identity in the 21st century.